Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snowman Soup

From the title of today's BLOG, you might think that I have slaved in a hot kitchen all day. If you know me, you know that this is not my favorite place to be. I actually started my day in my favorite place - my craft room. I decided to make some "Snowman Soup" for Huey's 4th cousin, Dylan, who lives near Oklahoma City. He is 4 years old and in need of a little extra attention.

I started with this snowman pattern by Jamie Lane. I cut it out the components on my Cameo Silhouette. Of course, any snowman will do. The font for the label is Grilled Cheese. I glued both of these onto red card stock that had already been printed with the ingredients and directions.





Ingredients:
Chocolate Flavored Freeze-Dried Snow
1 Orange Snowman Nose
2 Snowman Eyes
3 Red Snowman Buttons
15 Extra Fluffy Snowballs

Directions:
Mix all ingredients with approximately 10 oz. extremely hot water.
Stir with candy stick until mixed. 
Add cool milk to keep from burning your tongue.
Stir briskly and sip slowly!!!


The chocolate flavored freeze-dried snow is homemade hot chocolate mix.

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup Hershey's cocoa
2 1/2 cups powdered non-fat dry milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch

 
I used 5 tablespoons of chocolate mix for each package. For the orange snowman nose, cut an orange M&M in half. The 3 snowman buttons are 3 red M&M's. Two chocolate chips look like a snowman's charcoal eyes. 15 marshmallows can be tossed in as snowballs are intended to be tossed. The candy sticks were purchased at Cracker Barrel, where there are MANY flavors to choose from.



I packaged the ingredients in a sandwich bag and the marshmallows in a snack bag. I stapled the two baggies and the label together, then taped the candy stick on the outside.


With all of this crazy cold weather that is happening all over the country, these hot chocolate packets should be the perfect beverage this month.

Oh . . . the best part . . . it's gluten-free.

2 comments:

  1. Great project! These are fun to make for multiple gifts too, quick and easy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete