Monday, April 10, 2017

Rooster in the Coop

     A friend of mine gave me this stamp that she found at a thrift shop. It is a Stamps Happen stamp called "Rooster Postcard". When she gave it to me I thought, "What in the world am I going to do with this stamp?"

     I decided to use Karen Burniston's "Chicken Wire" die to put this rooster in his place. What a trial I had pulling this chicken wire out of the die. I had to cut 4 of them for the two cards and I tore every single one of them. I think I managed to cover up pretty well. There is a pocket to hold the tag just in front of the chicken wire.
Inside of Card
     I used Copics to color the rooster and Distress ink to isolate each postcard in the background. 
     The patterned paper is Graphic 45 - Place in Time. Several years ago, I bought several sheets of the August papers which were full of sunflowers. I've been trying to use some of those had to have's from the past. The drawers are getting to full in the craft room and I need to put some of the stuff to use.


Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Place in Time (August)
     Solid Paper: Gina K - Black Onyx
     Ink: Distress - Weathered Wood, Frayed Burlap, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Tattered Rose
            Gina K - Dark Chocolate
     Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs - Chicken Wire
     Stamps: Stamps Happen - Rooster Postcard
                  Gina K - A Year of Flowers
     Copics: BV04. R22, 29, 37. Y11, 18. G46, 85. Y26, 28.
     Embellies: Metal Sunflower
                     Ivory, Blue, Green Twine

Challenges

Crafty Cardmakers - Things with Wings - #3 - *
NBUS - Boo-Boo - #143- *
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Use Snippets - #61 - *
Stamp TV MIUM - Metallicard - *
Through the Purple Haze - Use a tag - #4 - *



6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love the way you've put these elements together. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sharon! Love how you used the chicken wire with the image - and I bet it was tricky-woo to work with! So happy to see you in the Playground, it's been quite a while since you last played with us. Happy dance here!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous design!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design you came up with to showcase this proud rooster, Sharon! He is beautifully colored and looks perfect behind the chicken wire! (I have heard that sometimes cuts come out easier if you use a layer of wax paper between the die and the card.) The sweet sunshine tag and the sunflowers and twine are all perfect elements for Mr. Rooster!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #11! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting collage card. Love the theme and all of your little details. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colouring! Love the bright colours! Thank you for joining our "Things with Wings" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete