Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Colorful Seascapes

     I was a bit jealous when I first viewed the Color Burst background I saw over at VA's Creative Clutter. I stopped by the craft store Monday to pick up a box of Color Burst watercolor powder to give it a try.
Cards with Envelopes

     I tried the Color Burst 2 ways. For the first card I used a paint brush to apply; for the second I used acetate. Both are on watercolor paper. I tried stamping the lighthouse and boat onto the watercolor paper, but I couldn't get a good stamp due to the texture of the paper. I ended up stamping them on regular white card stock, fussy cutting, and pop dotting them to the background. I still wasn't happy because the regular white paper was a truer white than the watercolor paper. I ended up using a W0 Copic marker to color the white spaces in the stamp. Just what I needed!



Insides of Cards


Materials List:
    Card Stock: Gina K Designs - Black, Turquoise Sea
                      Watercolor Paper
     Watercolor: Color Burst - Tangerine, Lime Green, Turquoise
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
     Stamps: Gina K Designs: Ship to Shore
     Copics: W0
     Dies: Papercraft Magazine (Bumper) - 14 Nesting Dies
     Embellishments: Sequins - Blue and Pink
                              Ribbon - 1/4 inch turquoise                                                     

Challenges

House of Cards - Use Sequins - #8 - May 31
Stamp TV MIUM - Nautical - *

1 comment:

  1. Both ways of using the Color Bursts is so cool! I never thought of using them to paint the background that way with a brush and I love that look. I am following by email now.

    ReplyDelete