Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Best is Yet - Military Retirement

     My mother-in-law called yesterday to ask if I was making homemade cards for my husband's brother's retirement. He is retiring after 33 years in the Navy. For this card I created a rectangle swing card using an Elizabeth Craft die. This button is one that I salvaged from an old article of clothing. Sometimes when the buttons are super fun, I remove them and place them in the button jar.

Card and Envelope                           



     I love this Carta Bella "Old World Travel" paper. I have quite a bit of it in my stash. The old world map patterned paper and anchor stamp are perfect for a Naval retirement.
     The gems were BRIGHT gold, so I used a Copic marker to give them a dull, antique look.



Inside of Card
     Check my next entry. I made another retirement card, which I will be blogging about tomorrow.


Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Carta Bella - Old World Travel
     Solid Paper: Gina K - Blue Denim
                                         Moonlit Fog
                                         Black and Ivory
     Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs - Rectangle Pull Card
                                                        Lighthouse
     Stamps: Gina K: Ship to Shore
                                 My Anchor                             
     Embellies: Gray Twine 
                       Gold Button

Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine - #3 - *






6 comments:

  1. Sharon this is a fantastic retirement card for a naval man. Love the suspended button and the background papers and the fancy fold steps it up to a whole new level. Great card! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler this week for the Masculine Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect retirement card for him. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great special fold card, Sharon. I love the colours you've used as well as those images. Great choice of papers and embellishments. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that patterned paper! Very cool special fold. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great retirement card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card - that's a new technique I haven't seen before - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete