Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Hedge Hug Birthday

     I needed some birthday cards, so I used a Sketch from Sketch N Scrap. When I stamped the hedgehog, I stamped him 4 times. I ended up just making 4 of these cards since the coloring was done. 


Card with Envelope
     This is some OLD paper. It was old when I purchased it, and I have had it for several years. I found it in the scrapbook outlet store that used to be in Destin, Florida. It is made by Sassafras, which I doubt is still in business. I'll have to look that up. It is one-sided paper and I only have 4 pieces from the collection.

Sketch #134 by Lisa Hidy


     I took a Copic class 2 days ago. We colored a fall scenic picture with trees, sawmill, rock bridge, and water. We used a technique to color the evergreens that involved a random upside down "V" stroke, using 3 or 4 colors of green. I used the same technique to color this hedgehog only with Warm Grays. When I finished coloring the green package, I added white spots with a white Uniball pen.
     I have so many dies that I have a hard time searching through them to fine the one I'm looking for - or to even see if I have a particular shape at all. I have a data base that I am using to make this process easier. I'm using an app called EverNote. It is free if you don't go over your monthly limit. Whenever I hit the limit, I just take a break from entering data. I still need to enter my Spellbinder dies into the bank. I'm looking forward to entering my stamp collection as well. For instance, I was looking for a stamp that said, "You are my sunshine." I had to go through every box of stamps I had. When I complete this data entry, all I will have to do is put in a search.
     I told you that in order to tell you this. I wanted gifts and bows for this card. I put in the word "bow" and . . . . well I was a bit surprise at the number of hits I got. If you look carefully at this card, you will note that I have used no less than 3 different bow dies. When I put in the search, I had to weed out all of the "bow" ties - and there were a bunch of those. 



     I was lucky that the die for the gift dies was the same size as the squares on the patterned paper I used at the bottom of the card. I was able to add the same bows to these squares, after drawing stitches around the squares I used. 

Inside of Card

     For the inside of the card, I used the same patterned papers. I was able to sneak in one last gift!


Materials List:      
     
     Patterned Paper: Sassafras - Sew Fine
                                               In Stitches
     Card Stock: Bazzill - Sugar Wafer
                                   White
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
            Distress - Hickory Smoke
     Stamps: Lili of the Valley - Hedgehog Trio
                  Impression Obsession - On Your Birthday
     Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs - Props 2
                                                   Evergreen Pivot Card
              Stamps of Life - Hedgehogs 2 Stamp
              Burniston - Evergreen Pivot Panels
                               Word Set 2 (Birthday)
              Sizzix - Circle (1.75 in)
     Copics: Face - E30, 31, 33, 93.
                Hedgehog - W0, 2, 4, 6.
                Gifts - YG11, 13. B41, 45.
                Background - C00, 0, 1.
     Markers: Micron - Black 0.3
                   Signo Uniball - White


No comments:

Post a Comment