Friday, March 1, 2019

Happy Spring Seasons

     I just completed a year-long series of classes, in which we made 16 cards and 4 calendars using the Graphic 45 Seasons collection. The good news is that my students seem very content with their seasonal cards. The bad news is that I have a 3-inch stack of leftover paper. I decided to make layouts with the scraps. Here is my layout using the Spring Collection. 


     I used this Sketch N Scrap sketch. I made it into a two-page layout  by making a 90 degree clockwise turn.

Sketch #172 by Lisa Hidy
     These professional photos, taken in a field of bluebonnets, are just what this spring layout needed. 


     For the title I used a Karen Burniston die "Happy Spring" I made a collage by adding a Elizabeth Craft bee die cut, a metal key, and a piece of ephemera.


     I love these strawberries. These are also from Elizabeth Craft dies. I cut them from all white card stock. I used Distress inks to ink them. They were then shaped with my flower shaping tools.


     I remember the day these pictures were taken. It was last year the day after Easter. My husband's nephews family came to Houston from New Orleans with their three boys. They took them, as well as two of my grandchildren to a bluebonnet field near Brenham, Texas to take these pictures. After the photo shoot, they went to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory for a tour and samples.


     On the second page, I made another similar college. This one frames a piece of ephemera - perfect for journaling - with a bee, a strawberry, and a postal stamp. Looks like I forgot to write something on the journaling card.




Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Seasons
                                                     Spring & Spring Collective
                                                - Patterns & Solids
                                                     Blue Solid & Ivory Solid
     Card Stock: My Colors - Brown Eyes
                                        Desert Cactus
                      Paper Cuts - Metallic Gold
     Die: Burniston - Happy Spring
            Elizabeth Craft - Bees
                                    Strawberries
     Ink: Inking - Vintage Photo
                        Shabby Shutters
                        Forest Moss
                        Hickory Smoke
                        Fired Brick
     Embellies: Elizabeth Craft - Solar Gold Ultra Fine Glitter
                     Metal Key



Challenges

2 comments:

  1. I love how you turned the sketch into a 2 pager Sharon! This is amazing with all the lovely details! I love bluebonnet pictures as well, can't wait for them to return this Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful photos and you showed them off so beautifully with your layout.

    ReplyDelete