Saturday, July 3, 2021

King of the Grill

      I had made 10 cards using The Stamps of Life "Birdbath" Die Hard sets and monthly kit back in April, but never completed the insides of the cards. Yesterday I spent the morning finishing those. I then decided to put the kit up. that means putting the paper, embellishments, etc into stash and move on to the next month of stamps, dies, and kit. That brings me to the BBQ pit. I just couldn't get an idea to start a card. I saw this layout sketch on Sketch N Scrap and shifted my thoughts to making a layout. This layout is made predominately with TSOL products.


Sketch #228 by Stacy Daubenberger



     I used the BBQ pit from the paper pack. I made it into a chipboard piece, so it is very sturdy. 


     I did the BBQ sentiment the same way. 


     

     The cooking utensils are die cut from silver mirror card stock and I added some Velvet Night ends to give them interest. 


     The intended use for the oven mitt is as a shape card. I thought it would be great if it opened with extra pictures and journaling.




Materials List:

     Patterned Paper: The Stamps of Life - Totally Rad Collection
     Card Stock: My Colors - Velvet Night
                                              Snowbound
                          The Stamps of Life - Cranberry
                                                            Kiwi
                                                            Twig
     Stamps: The Stamps of Life - BBQ 2 Stamp
     Dies: The Stamps of Life - BBQ 2 Stamp Dies
                                                 More BBQ 2 Stamp Dies
                                                 5 x 7 Oven Mitt Fold-It
                                                 Loop Border
                                                 Gingerbread 2 Stamp (stars)
                                                 Stitched Tags
             Anboo - Alphabet
     Ink: The Stamps of Life - Midnight
     Twine
     Silver Mirrored Card Stock

1 comment: