Sunday, August 15, 2021

Happy Thoughts

     I hit a jackpot at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. I got 15 Paper Pumpkins, most never opened. They are all dated between 2013 and 2015. I have never been particularly interested in Paper Pumpkin. I prefer to design my own cards and layouts.  Kits are super fun when you leave the safety of the directions sheet.


      I closed my eyes and picked the kit "Happy Thoughts" from the pile. The kit gives directions for cards, but I wanted to make a layout so... I did some Pinterest research and found an entry from Remarkably Created.  I started to CASE it, but ended up going rouge. Her layout looks like this... 

     I turned it into a 2-page layout. I moved the banner and used my Copics to color the wood veneer banners. I changed the jute twine to gray twine to match the mat I chose. There were 3 clear buttons included. They are the centers of 3 chosen flowers. I loved stamping the flowers on the background and brought in another stamp set from The Stamps of Life called Flowers 2 Fill. I stamped gingham print in the centers and used the leaves from this set as well. 

Buttons in flower centers

Copic-colored veneer banner

      My original plan was to get as much of the kit onto these 2 pages, but the kits have way too much stuff in them for that. I ended up making another 2-page layout, which you can see here tomorrow.

Materials: 
   Stampin' Up - Paper Pumpkin September 2014   
                              Patterned Paper 
                              Stamps 
                              Wood Veneer banners
                              Clear Buttons
   Card Stock: Bazzill - Sugar Wafer
                       My Colors - Snowbound
   Stamps: The Stamps of Life - Flowers 2 Fill
   Ink: Gina K - Tangerine
                          Stormy Sky
                          Grass Green
   Copics: 

                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. Great layout design and congrats on the great "find" with those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout Sharon and lucky you for finding all those treasures!
    Miss seeing all of you at Scrap n Savvy! How’s your Spanish amiga?

    ReplyDelete