Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hope Makes Honey

     After playing at a Faber-Castell workshop at CHA, I have been eager to try out my free gift that I was given for completing the class. I received a box containing 24 colors of Gelatos! 


     To make the background for this tag:
  • Paint Gesso onto Kraft paper.
  • Drag Expresso ink pad in strips down the paper. This gives a wood grain look.
  • Rub blueberry Gelato in upper left and lower right corners. 
  • Use Wet Wipe or damp paper towel to smooth blueberry Gelato.
  • Place flower stencil and use Wet Wipe to remove Gelato from flower.
  • Use Wet Wipe to pull a bit of the blueberry away from the flower.
  • Use burlap stencil and Green Tea Gelato randomly.
  • Use clear Wink of Stella over the petals of the blueberry flower.
     The embelly is one that I made a couple of years ago. The project got crushed. I rescued it from old project and now placed it onto a new project.
Challenges

Crazy 4 Challenges - Pop - #20 - 2/22
 Creaine Challenges - Bingo: Glitter, Flower, Blue - #76 -*
Fairy Tale Challenge - New Technique, no cards - #6 - *
HLS Mixed Media - Stencils - #65 -*
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - T is for Technique - #17 - *
Stamp TV - Tag, You're It -*




12 comments:

  1. I came over from StampTV because I was really interested in how you did the background. I would not have thought to put gesso on Kraft Cardstock. That looks lovely! I also like the way you used your gelatos, I have been experimenting doing the same thing with the Prima crayons. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! thanks for joining us at Creaine.
    bye Ine

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice card.
    Thank you for joining us at Creaines challenge.
    Greetings Geesje DT
    http://cheerfulsketcheschallenge.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tag! Great use of your gelatos!! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for "T is for Technique"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tag, fab. job with the gelatos. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the T is for Technique challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Creaine Challenges.
    Ditta DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one awesome gift! And you have put it to such good use on this beautiful tag. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tag! Thanks for sharing the working prozess.
    mamapia (for fairytale)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is such an inspiration! Maybe I should pull out my gelato- I don't think I've used them in a year. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work and your how-to steps. Thanks for joining us for the T is For Technique challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made such a pritty Tag! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Bianca XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag .... I love how you created the background. Thank you for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete