Sunday, December 9, 2018

Winter Cozy Snow Day

     I just love a good snow storm a day when everyone is safe at home and I have no place to go. With the sentiments " It's Cozy inside!" and "SNOW DAY", I am reminded of just this kind of day. 
     I used the flourish as a background for this card, making sure that the birds were visible on the left. I pop-dotted a square from the Collective sheet and placed a short banner diagonally across. I love using these paper flowers from 49 and Market. The leaves are from the large Graphic 45 die. 



     There is even a red floral layer behind the Collective square from Patterns and Solids. I'm all about more layers. I added a chipboard button and brown seam binding. The snowflake is from a punch with a brown pearl in the center.


     The inside of the card has a wide blue border across the top from Patterns and Solids, which is edge punched with snowflakes. I saved the punch poop to place on the ephemera at the bottom. I love using the "back" side of ephemera in order to provide a space for a hand-written message. I centered a "tag" of the ephemera. I liken this piece to a buckle and placed brown seam binding in it. You can see that I added some of the snowflakes that fell out of edge punch to the ephemera.  




     I will be making 16 cards and 4 calendars with this Graphic 45 Seasons Paper. All of these SEASON cards can be made using:

  • one sheet of each of the patterned paper 
  • one sheet of each of  Prints and Solids
In order to make All Seasons cards and calendars, you only need purchase the following items once:
  • Tags and Pockets
  • Chip Board
  • Ephemera
  • Stickers
  • Season's Patterns and Solids 
Stay tuned for more cards this year.
Spring

Summer

Winter
Winter Birdhouse
Winter Cozy Snow Day - You are Here
Winter Pop Up Gift Card Holder
Winter Box on Card
Winter Calendar

  
Materials: 
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Seasons (Winter)
     Ink: Distress - Walnut Stain
     Die: Spellbinders - Petite Scalloped Circle Large
            Graphic 45 - Large Tag, ATC, & Flower
     Punch: Martha Stewart - Snowflake
                ek - 1/2 inch Corner 
     Embellies: Seam Binding - 2 feet Brown
                     Pearl - 1 Brown
                     49 and Market - Blood Orange Paper Flowers
                                             Buttercream / Champagne
                     

Challenges

Allsorts Challenge - Christmas Flowers - #14 - *
Brown Sugar Challenge - Winter Scene - #21 - *
Ellibelle's Creative Moments - Snowflake/Winter Wonderland - #14 - *
Fussy & Fancy Challenges - Winter - #103 - *
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - 341 - #5 - December 23
Try It On Tuesday - Winter Wonderland - #97 - *

No comments:

Post a Comment