Saturday, January 5, 2019

Welcome Little Clown

     This card is for my new grand nephew. I had already wrapped the gift in a white box with polka dot ribbon. The ribbon reminded me of a clown, so that is what I went with. I remembered this Echo Park clown that I had used a few years ago for a card swap. You can see that card here.



     I started with a sketch by Heather Hall. 


Sketch 137 by Heather Hall
     
     I made my own background using Gina K inks that coordinated with the colors on the polka dot ribbon. 



     I randomly applied the green, red, and yellow (which I added) using a dauber. I then placed a bubble stencil over this and added the blue polka dots. It is important to note that my first attempt was a "happy" failure, due to the fact that I used Gina K's Red Hot ink initially. It had too much pink in it. I ended up using the first attempt as printed paper for die cutting. I cut the clown's shirt from it. 


     I purposely used Gina K ink, because I have all of the coordinating card stock for it. I was able to die cut the clown elements using the same colors I had chosen for the background. I added tiny googly eyes to the clown, as well as red/white twine to the tag. I found the sentiment on an old Beth Silaika stamp set " Genevieve Giraffe". I added the beach ball for the circle on the sketch. 

Inside of Card
     The inside of the card is made using the same red and yellow structure. I added a sentiment from a Fiskar's stamp set and a clown hat from the scraps on the table.

     This entire card was added to the package as a tag. We are headed to New Orleans this weekend to deliver this gift. This box is packed to the brim with little boy clothes and a Christmas board book (his Christmas present).

Materials List:      
     
     Card Stock: Gina K - White
                                    Black Onyx
                                    Cherry Red
                                    Lucky Clover
                                    Wild Dandelion
                                    Blue Raspberry
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
            Gina K - Cherry Red
                         Lucky Clover
                         Wild Dandelion
                         Blue Raspberry
     Stamps: Gina K - Genevieve Giraffe
                  Fiskars - Precious Baby Quotes
     Dies: Echo Park - Clown Die Set
             Burniston - Beach Charms
              La La Land - Large Stitched Tags
     Stencil: Dutch Doobadoo - Bubbles
     Punch: ek - Dotted Wave Small
     Embellies: Red/White Twine
                     Googly Eyes
    

Challenges

Send a Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes - #5 - *
Stinkin' Inkers - It's News to Me - #5 - *
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Spots and Dots - #2 - *

No comments:

Post a Comment