Monday, January 21, 2019

Winter Box on Card

     Here is card that I have seen here and there. I have been looking forward to making it. The hardest part about this card is giving up on the tutorials. I have yet to find a tutorial that has accurate cutting directions to make it. It's a good thing I start a project like this one with inexpensive Hobby Lobby heavyweight card stock. I would have thrown away lots of patterned paper if I had started there. 
  
     Ultimately I ended up designing the card base and mat on the Silhouette. Since I wanted a scalloped edge, this was the easiest way to achieve this.



     I embossed antique gold snowflakes on the mats (inside and outside). Most of the components are from Graphic 45 Season's Collection. In keeping with the winter theme, I added die cut mittens.


     This metallic gold card stock from Paper Cuts pairs well with the embossing powder I used. 


     I have been asked how to get the box into an envelope. The answer is that you don't. I gifted 3 of these this Christmas even though there were no Christmas items on them. I placed the card in an envelope, then placed the box on top of the envelope. These were hand delivered. 

     BYW: Inside each box was a pair of handmade earrings with beads made from this patterned paper. A matched set you could say. 





Matching patterned paper earrings with snowflake charms




     I will be making 16 cards and 4 calendars with this Graphic 45 Seasons Paper. All of these SEASON cards can be made using:

  • one sheet of each of the patterned paper 
  • one sheet of each of  Prints and Solids
In order to make All Seasons cards and calendars, you only need purchase the following items once:
  • Tags and Pockets
  • Chip Board
  • Ephemera
  • Stickers
  • Season's Patterns and Solids 
Stay tuned for more cards this year.
Spring

Summer

Winter
Winter Birdhouse
Winter Cozy Snow Day
Winter Pop Up Gift Card Holder
Winter Box on Card - You are here!
Winter Calendar

  
Materials: 
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Seasons (Winter)
     Card Stock: My Colors - Muslin
                       Paper Cuts - Metallic Gold
     Ink: Distress - Pumice Stone
     Die: Stamps of Life - Mittens 2 Stamp
            Spellbinders - Petite Scalloped Circle Large
            Sizzix - Circles
            Gina K - Snowflakes
            Anboo - Word Set - Seasons                     
     Stamp: Gina K - Seasonal Sentiments
     Punch: Fiskars - Notebook
     Embellies: Elizabeth Craft Designs - Gold Starfoam Stickers
                     Gold Embossing Powder
                     Button
                     Gold Cord - 4 inches
                     Copic - E42
                     Confetti - Snowflakes
                     

Challenges

Crafty Cardmakers - Winter - #30 - *
Cuttlebug Mania - Winter - #2 - *
Die Cuttin Divas - 3-D - #2 - *
Paperminutes - Winter Magic - #2 - January 27

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous way to share a gift. Thank you for joining our “3D Projects” Challenge at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete