Monday, July 1, 2019

Love you MOM

     The picture on this layout was taken right before church at my daughter's church in Fort Worth. They always set up a place for photos on Mother's Day. I was there last year for Brooklyn's dedication and got to be in the pic. That pic is in Brooklyn's baby book.



Sketch #180 by Lisa Hidy

     I started this layout by making the flowers to match the patterned paper.  I cut toilet paper rolls open, fringed one end, and rolled them up to make a paint brushes. I loaded each up with acrylic paint and twirled it onto the paper - letting each color dry before adding another (a heat tool speeds up this process) I then die cut a flower from each swirl of paint.



This pic shows before I added the white paint.
     After die cutting the flowers, there were flower centers laying on the table. They were hexagon-shaped. I die cut extra centers from the patches of paint left on the paper. I used these and a white pen to make the 2 flourishes.


     Finally, I added a different type of brad to the center of each flower.





Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Authentique - Glamour (One, Three, Four)
                                                   Black Jack
                                                   Caribbean
                              Bazzil - Sugar Wafer
     Dies: Burniston - Word Set 9 (Love)
             Stamps of Life - Shabby Chic Flowers
     Acrylic Paint: White, Rain Gray, Bahama Blue, Desert Turquoise
     Ink: Gina K - Blue Lagoon
     Embellies: Miscellaneous Brads
                     Uniball Signo Pen - White

1 comment:

  1. How creative! I love those flowers and wondered how you made them!! Great job with the sketch, just love the papers and the floral accents, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete