Tuesday, July 2, 2019

TN: The Ballet

     Huey and I got an invitation to attend the ballet with the members of our diner group. We saw "Marie", which depicts the life story of Marie Antoinette. We enjoyed complimentary beverages and hor d'oeurves. We were treated to a backstage tour and got to stand on stage looking out into the seats. In this pic, we are up on scenery used for the presentation.


TN Sketch #6 by Lisa Hidy

     I know that I had committed to using Bo Bunny's "Calendar Girl" collection for my traveler's notebook this year. I absolutely could not resist digging DEEP in the closet for an envelope of Graphic 45's "Gilded Lily" leftovers. I taught a class using this paper back in 2016. I had quite a bit of it left and had a good time making a journal page using this collection.
     I loved the fact that this journaling card was titled "AN INVITATION". I am quite partial to the drawings of Marie Antoinette scattered throughout this paper. I framed 3 of them in this layout with doilies.
     I am entering this in Lori's "HOT" challenge, using items that start with these letters.
  • H = hats
  • O = on-stage
  • T = tag (my husband said I should use torture) He didn't really like the ballet. I think he was a little shocked that there were absolutely NO words in the entire production.









Materials List:      
     
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Gilded Lily
    Card Stock: Coordinates - Black Lilly
                      Ivory
    Dies: Spellbinders - Asian Accents
            Elizabeth Craft - Alphabet Caps I
            Burniston - Word Set 7
    Punch: 1/2 inch circle
    Ink: Gina K - Dark Chocolate
    Embellies: Starfoam Stickers

Challenges

TN Time with Lori - Use HOT - #2 - Random Winner
TN Time with Lisa - Sketch #6 - #2 - *



2 comments:

  1. So funny your hubby called the ballet torture!! I'm not fond of it either, I prefer musicals, but this sounds interesting as I am interested in Marie Antoinette. I love the papers you used which were so perfect for your page! Great job with the sketch and Lori's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous TN layout interpretation of the sketch and using items for HOT!!! Wonderful LO!!!

    ReplyDelete