Sunday, January 5, 2020

Hello Yellow

     I dug out some old stuff to make this card. I used an old stamp set and rummaged through the "black" drawer for some embellishments.


     I used this sketch by Heather Hall over at Sketch N Scrap.


Card Sketch #161 by Heather Hall
      Old embossing folders were used for two of the mats. The row of gems in the background, the circle of gems in the center, and the bow are all out of my embellishments stash. 

Inside of Card
    The inside of card started off with a die cut black circle and a fussy cut bird that were originally for the front of the card; but in the course of designing, they ended up on the scrap pile. I used the same basketweave embossing folder here but left 1 1/4 inch of the card stock sticking out the bottom. I scored two lines to make a border. This leaves a smooth place to sign the card.

     Earlier in the post, I mentioned the "black" drawer. Well, I actually have 16 embellishment drawers - in this order - purple, blue, turquoise/teal, green, yellow, orange, silver/gold, red/white/blue/patriotic, red, pink, brown, gray, ivory, black, white, wood. I used to have all of my embellishments in two drawers and every time I wanted something, I would have to empty them both to find anything. I also had a separate drawer of just gems, pearls, and dots. Funny thing is that I can't even remember WHERE I put my ribbons before this system. I started using these drawers when I moved to this house 3 years ago.


Turquoise, yellow, pink, ivory, black drawers open.
Blue, green, pink, brown drawers open.
Close-up of purple drawer
     Some might thing this was a royal mess, but I love this mess. When I want "something purple", I can refine my search to just one drawer of goodies. Each drawer contains ribbon, lace, paper and silk flowers, twine, and anything else that I come across that is purple.



     Thrown in on top of each drawer is a 9 x 7 clear zippered case containing gems, pearls, and such.


     Here is the tower of 16 drawers. I got them discontinued at Michael's. With coupons and % of and such, they were a huge bargain.

Materials List:
    
     Card Stock: Gina K - Lemon Drop
                                   Black Onyx
                                   White
     Stamp: Stampin' Up - Merry Moose
     Dies: Sizzix - Circles
             Burniston - Word Set 1(Greetings)
     Stamps: Stampin Up - Betsy's Blossoms
                  Gina K - Sun-Kissed
     Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Polka Dot Spots
                                 Darice - Basketweave
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
            Gina K - Lemon Drop
     Embellies: Prima Marketing - Say it in Pearls
                     Mark Richards - Crystal Stickers
                     Heidi Swapp - Bows
                     Ribbon - 1/4" Black Satin

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your card, those gems and the color combo make it really lovely!! I don't do my embellishments by color but I probably should, I am just to lazy to re-organize them and I don't have a real room so can't have a bunch of drawers to store them in, but I LOVE your system, looks very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the yellow on the card. It looks so refreshing and cheery! And, nice way you store your leftovers by color. I don't have enough room to do anything of that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete