Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Paradise Island Hut

     I'm counting down the days until my paper crafting cruise. February 9 is fast approaching. I have signed up for the card swap. 15 cruisers are swapping cards. For this cruise the only requirement for the cards, is the use of at least one Karen Burniston die. I did not use one of Karen's wonderful pop up card bases, but there are several of her die cuts on this card. I actually started off with a Silhouette design of my own. This is a Circle Step Card base (blue) cut using a cut file that I created. I also added the mat (Sandy Beach) to fit over the top. 

Card with Envelope

     I started with a tropical island hut that I purchased from Silhouette. I made a few minor changes and elected not to use the palm trees from this file. The palm trees are Burniston dies - as well as the beach ball, sandals, and shells. The surf board is another file purchased from Silhouette.


     The shells are inked and embellished with a pearl each. The "Bon Voyage" die was a lucky find. I don't exactly remember from where I acquired it, but I know that I got it as an add-on to an order so that I could get free shipping. I love the font and have already used it twice.

Inside of Card

     The inside of this card had to be completed first. It is easier to see the inside in person, but very hard to get a pic of it. BTW: love this sentiment! "Wander where the wifi is weak"

     This is the third time I have used my Circle Side Step Card base. To see the others go to: Circle Step Baby Ark and Hopeful Turtle.

     Thought I would mention: This card (as well as all 15 swaps) was made ENTIRELY from my stash. Now you can be super proud of my penny-pinching.........or........you can be dazzled by the vastness of my stash - your choice.


Materials List:
    
     Card Stock: Bazzill - Bluebird
                                   Chocolate Malt
                       My Colors - Herb Garden
                                        Chocolate
     Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Let's Be Mermaids
     Stamp: Elizabeth Craft Designs - Sun & Surf
     Dies: Burniston - Palm Tree Pop Up
                              Beach Charms
                              Tropical Scene
                              Palm Tree & Pail
             Precision Cutting Die - Bon Voyage
     Silhouette File: Circle Step Card Base by Sharon Fontenot
                           Tiki Hut by Sarah Bailey
                           3 Retro Surf Boards by Snapdragon Snippets
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
            Distress - Black Soot
                          Vintage Photo
    Embellies: Ivory Pearls 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and so well designed. I can imagine you are getting very excited about your cruise. I wish you lots of crafty fun!

    ReplyDelete