Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Cute as Can Bee 2.0

     Why you say - 2.0? Karrie at Scrappn' Savvy made a kit for a layout with this release. I purchased the kit, but when I got home I had neglected to take any pics of the layout or to ask her for the directions (which she sends via email). 
     I dumped the kit contents on to the craft table ( I do love a crafting challenge) and went to work. I used almost everything in the kit, but added some things from my own stash to finish it off. 



     The original kit contained: Copic paper, the embossed yellow card stock, the honeycomb print and floral print (pre-cut), die cut flowers, leaves and centers, picture mats.
     I stamped and colored my Marci and bees. I added the pimento red border punch, used the Silhouette to make the mats and words for the title. BTW: the fun pieces in the hexagon with the worker bee are punch poop. I wanted the bee to stand higher in the hexagon, so I added this for him to stand on. Anything that falls on my craft table is in danger of becoming a part of the project.
     When my email with instructions came in, my layout background was very similar to Karrie's. The only difference was that I placed the floral print at an angle and added the punched border. Otherwise the two layouts look nothing alike.

Copics:

Hair: Y21, YR23, E15, 37, 47 (my new fave hair color)
Skin: E50, 51, 53, 93
Wings: B0000, 000, 00
Bee Stripes: RV10, 11, 13
                    C3, 5, 7
Pail: W00, 1. 3.  5

1 comment: