Monday, October 1, 2018

Shakespeare Gardens - 1968

     Here is a step back in time to my brother's honeymoon in1968. They traveled to Quebec. The pocket watch in the corner is a symbol of this look at the past. This is a page from a mini book that I completed for their 50th wedding anniversary. 
     
     These pictures were taken in a Shakespeare Garden. A Shakespeare Garden is a themed garden that cultivates plants mentioned in the works of William Shakespeare. Signs near the plants provide relevant quotations. Other plants typically of the Elizabethan period, but not mentioned in Shakespeare's works, may also be grown there. I tried to find more information about the garden they visited, but wasn't able to find reference to the one in Quebec. I am wondering if it is still there.


     My favorite part of this layout is the striped paper I found, which I cut on the diagonal. I added a couple of pieces of Ephemera and of course a Bible quote (There is one on every page of the book.) 

     A fun little addition to the page is an arrow with "peek" written on it. The flap is held down with a magnet. When you flip it open, there is a secret message: "Un autocollant de voiture, s'il vous plait." I was only 11 when they returned from this trip, but I remember the story of them trying to get a bumper sticker for the car. Evelyn's high school French did not include the words "bumper sticker", so alas, they were unable to get one. In case they should repeat their trip to Quebec, I have provided them with the translation.
   I made the adjacent page to coordinate with this page, so I will included it here.



     This page shows the couple with their first child and first grandchild. I repeated my fave striped paper as well as the same Ephemera, more arrows and a Bible verse.


the two pages side-by-side


Materials:
   Patterned Paper: BoBunny - Bella Rosa (Shutters, Rustic, Stickers)
   Cardstock: Bo Bunny - Double Dot (Wine, Dusty Rose, Island Mist, Shadow)
   Dies: Sizzix - Ornate Labels
            Papercrafter Magazine - Nesting Dies
   Embellies: Tim Holtz - Foliage
                     Silver Wire
                     Bo Bunny - Timepiece
                     Gems - Gray
Challenges

Bimini Moose Scrapbook Challenge - Anything Goes - #2 - *

No comments:

Post a Comment