Saturday, October 6, 2018

Anniversary

     My sister called and said that she couldn't find any 50th anniversary cards at the Hallmark store. Really? Hard to believe. I had already made my card for the occasion (my brother's 50th). To see my card go here. I decided to use the same paper and repeat some of the elements. The two cards look like they came out of the same box of cards. 


     For this card I started with a sketch by Lisa Hidy. As I compare the sketch to the card, I have to say that I certainly expanded on the one small daisy in the sketch. Getting carried away on cards is my specialty!!! 


     I punched 7 holes in a piece of patterned paper and laced ribbon through. This is matted and placed onto the card with crocheted lace on the bottom edge.
     I die cut a tag from a piece of Ephemera and embossed "Happy Anniversary" using Stampendous "Aged Scarlet" embossing powder. 

  

   The collage of flowers is from 49 Market. I love the way they package their blooms. They are packaged by size and with 2 or 3 coordinating colors in each package. I happened to have this package on hand when making this card. They were actually marked for another project, but you know how that goes. I'll just have to get some more.


     I can't believe I forgot to take a pic of the inside of this card. It was truly lovely - just a teaser. I had even included a pocket to hold a gift card.


     The corner of the envelope is stamped with Gina K's "Stippled Flowers" - love these!!! The leaves are a 2-part stamp which I did directly onto the envelope. The flowers are a 3-step process. I die cut this and pop-dotted it onto the envelope. The die cut on the flap is just a little something I found on the sale rack at Hobby Lobby. The pic on the packaging showed it as a roof on a house -- I saw an envelope flap. And look -- it fit perfectly. Surely this is what it was intended for. 

     I apologize for some parts of this blog entry being cut-and-paste from the last one. it is hard to find something new to say about the exact same thing. 

Materials
   Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny - Bella Rosa - Reflections
                                                                       Amore
   Cardstock: Bo Bunny - Double Dot - Wine
   Die:  Graphic 45 - Large Tag, ATC, & Flower (leaves)
            Gina K - Stippled Flowers
   Stamp: Gina K - Sending Love
                              Stippled Flowers
   Ink: Distress - Frayed Burlap
   Embellies: Ribbon - 1/4" wine organza
                     Eyelets - 8 mini
                     Stampendous - Aged Scarlet embossing powder
                     Crochet Lace
                     49 Market - Floral Mixology - Blood Orange

Challenges

Crafty Catz - Anything Goes / Tag - #32 - *
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes - #197 - *
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes - #45 - *

No comments:

Post a Comment