Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Deer in the Birch is Worth . . .

     Here is yet another fun way to use your embossing folders. I cut a piece of white card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. I inked one side of the Stampin Up "Framed Tulips" embossing folder with Night of Navy ink. I centered the card stock in the folder and ran it through the Big Shot. 

     I trimmed a sheet of photo paper to 3 x 4 1/4 inches. I stamped the photo paper using Memento's Tuxedo Black ink using the birches and "Winter Wishes" from the "Winter Cheer" and "Christmas Wishes" stamp sets. I used post-its to mask the words in the sentiment in order to place "wishes" under "winter". I punched a one inch circle from a post-its to make a mask for the sun and tore one side of paper to make a snow mask. I then used a sponge to ink with Night of Navy and Baja Breeze ink. I then removed the masks and used the negative circle punch. I was then able to use a sponge to ink the sun using Crushed Curry and More Mustard. I adhered this to the center of the tulip frame.
     I stamped the reindeer from Gina K's "Christmas Wishes". I used Tim Holtz distress markers: Gathered Twigs, Fired Brick, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, and Tattered Rose to color the deer. For the spots on the deer and its scarf, I used Copic Opaque White. I applied it with the tip of my piercer, but a wooden toothpick works as well. The deer is pop dotted to the card.
     I trimmed a bit (less than 1/8 inch) on each of the four sides of the Framed Tulips. It is mounted on an navy A2 card base.   
     
Challenges

Everybody Art Challenge - Frame - #36 -*
Melon Headz - Christmas - #30 -*
Stamp TV - Distress Letter Press - *



1 comment:

  1. Simply wonderful <3
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at EAC and good luck!
    hugs Clarissa

    ReplyDelete