Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thanks Banner


     I liked the distress letter press technique that I used on the Artsy Rooster so much that I decided to use it again. This card qualifies for the simple-one-layer card category. This is not a category that I spend much time in. I tend to put lots of layers with not much room to rest the eye on my cards. 


     I started by inking the Paper Studio Banner embossing folder with Baja Breeze ink. I took me three tries to get one that had almost no ink on the banners. I used Sizzix’s Classic letters to cut the word: thanks out of patterned paper. I used my paper piercer to make holes on each side of each banner. I stitched the banners together with brown twine. I then used the same holes to place a tiny brown brad in each hole.

     I used a border from Lawn Fawn’s Stitched Hillside Borders to guide my surface for the plants to sit on. The stamp is Gina K’s Plant Trio.

Challenges

Hiding In My Craft Room - Not Christmas - #43 -*
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes - #117 -*
Stamp TV - One Layer Card - *
Whoopsie Daisy Challenge - Anything Goes - #262 -*

2 comments:

  1. Lovely banner card, great technique. Thanks for joining our challenge at Whoopsdaisy. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

    ReplyDelete