Tuesday, December 30, 2014

News Print Partridge



      My teacher, Debra always says that you should choose your paper before you color a stamped image. It is much easier to find an image to match the paper, than to find a paper to match the image.



     I guess I don’t always do what teacher says, because my first decision was to use an Elizabeth Craft sticker. I only have 4 sheets to choose from. I chose this bird. I adhered the sticker to a page of an OLD, and I do mean old poetry book. No distressing would be necessary. (Kind of like: Don’t antique an antique.) I used Tim Holtz inks. I colored a spot on a vinyl place mat, used my water brush to pick up the ink, in order to apply it into the sections of the sticker. I did the same with the branch. I fussy cut the two stickers.   

     I had a bird and no idea what was next. I started looking through spring papers looking for nice place for a birdy to perch. I don’t know what made me turn to Christmas paper.

       I just happened to have these two sheets of Graphic 45 papers in my stash. They are from The Twelve Days of Christmas collection. I used a little from all four sides of “My True Love” and “Swans a’Swimming”. So I set out to make this partridge in a pear tree card. Somewhere along the line it dawned on me that I didn’t really remember what a partridge looked like. Next step – google it!

     Uh-oh! Partridges have this odd crest on their heads. I was way too far into this card to give up easily. I looked at the birds wing and (don’t know how it happened but) I could see the crest in the wing of the bird. I went back to the stamp sheet and saw that there are wings on the sheet just like the wing on the bird. I snipped away the parts I did not want and voila – a crest! 

   BTW: The poem on the bird is "Lighthearted William" by William Carlos Williams.


Challenges

Scrapbook Blessings - Happy Holidays - #84 -*
Sister Act - Anything Goes - #326 - *
Stamp TV - Newsprint -*
V's Sweet Ideas - Holiday Theme - #68 -Top 3 - Woo Hoo!
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at SBC this month. Happy New Year. Cindy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the way you did your bird! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete