Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Love You More Rose



      This card was inspired during some 50% off after-Christmas shopping. Did you ever notice that as the Christmas leftovers disappear, they are gradually replaced with Valentines’ Day goodies? Anyway, I was alerted to the fact that it is time to make Valentines’ cards.

     Just one more deviation from the card making process. You know Amazon.com is a wonderful thing. When your husband is making yet another frowny face because you completing yet another order for crafting goodies, amazon’s shipping policy is the handiest thing. Let’s say for example you are ordering a birthday present for your grandson. You have finally found the item you have been looking for on – AMAZON. The problem is that the item total is only $32.99. Now we all know that Amazon goes to free shipping at $35. We must purchase another item in order to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. I find that this is the BEST way to sneak in just one fun crafting item of my choice. Just remember when the receipt hits his desk all you have to do is say . . . “but honey I had to buy one more item to get the free shipping”.


     This very technique is the one I used to get this fun Elizabeth Craft die from Amazon. It is called simply “Rose” and I used it to create this card. I also made the winding entry into my gate fold card using Lawn Fawn’s “Stitched Hillside Borders” which I got for Christmas from my daughter. The butterfly punches are from Martha Stewart and the glittery embellishments are Elizabeth Craft. I am not a fan of stickers. You stick ‘em and you’re done. Money goes down the drain in a hurry with stickers. I prefer items that are versatile and can be used over and over. I have to say that you get a lot of bang for your buck with these Elizabeth Craft stickers. They are classy. There are a bunch on a sheet. They are reasonably priced.  . . . Just sayin’.
Inside of Card
Challenges

Hiding In My Craft Room - Not Christmas - #41 -*
Mod Squad Challenge - Special Fold (Wavy Gate) - #12 -*
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes - #116 -*
Stamp TV - Gate Fold - *
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes - # - *




3 comments:

  1. This is a beauty. The inside is as beautiful as the outside. Thank you for participating in our last challenge for 2014. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and elegant card. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol---I shop on amazon.ca all the time, shipping is free after $25...woohoo! Awesome card!! Thanks for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

    ReplyDelete