Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Holiday Forest

     Two unlikely stamp sets meet on these cards. The first is a vintage Stampin' Up set called "Definitely Decorative Pines" from 1998. The brand new stamp set "Winter Cheer" by Gina K is only 2 months old. 

     I started by cutting a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card base. I folded it with the patterned paper on the inside and used the patterned paper as an accent on the front - visa versa on the inside.
Inside of Card
     I stamped the moose, bear, and geese with soft suede ink. Originally I stamped the pine trees from the same ink, but I thought they lacked depth/texture. I cut all of the pieces out using my Pixscan mat and Cameo Silhouette. I ended up using the same cut file for the stamped trees to cut the trees from this patterned paper. I just love the intricate details in the outline of these trees. 
     I used a piece of ivory paper to create soft suede snow drifts.This was done using post-its to mask. I stamped over this with the birches from "Winter Cheer" stamp set. Everything is distressed with soft suede ink. 
     This was the perfect card for my nephew who fights fires in the northwest.



      I also used the same stamp sets and paper line to make this box card. This one went to my brother who lives at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.


Challenges

Crafty Boots - Winter Wonderland - #32 - 1/4
A Gem of a Challenge - Kraft + One Color - #422 -*
Loves Rubber Stamps - Old (Stamp Set)/New(Stamp Set) - #13 -*
Pixies's Snippets Playground - Anything Goes - #76  - *




4 comments:

  1. Wow Sharon - you've really been very busy. LOVE these.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project and I love how old meets new in your design. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collection. I love the inside of the first card - a great touch, especially how you have coordinated it with the front. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Design! Love your colors! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this time around.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete