Saturday, April 8, 2017

Texas Bluebonnets

     My daughter sent a pic of her new daughter and 5 month old nephew basking in the March Texas Bluebonnets. Brooklyn was pretty much oblivious to the new adventure, but Williams truly wanted to get his hands on the wildflowers.       
Sketch #126


     For this page I grabbed an "OLD" line of paper from My Mind's Eye. It was old when I purchased it. I got it at the Scrapbook Outlet Store in Destin, FL (no longer there, sad face) several years ago. I questioned my choice right up until the moment that I added the scarlet Coordinations paper. Looking at the striped paper, I'm guessing that the red paper was probably included in the line, but I didn't see any of it at the outlet store. This is one of the tragedies of buying paper after it is picked over. On the other hand the advantage is using creative choices to overcome lack of choices, not to mention the price point.


     The bluebonnet on the tag is from Susan Tourney's Gardenscape dies. Each leaf and petal individually shaped and inserted.
      The bluebonnets in the upper right corner are from Deadbeat dies - two pieces per flower. Easy - Easy - Easy.
     The country stars on wire were a fun find after Christmas 2 years ago at Hobby Lobby. They were from a mini Christmas tree garland at a great price. They came to 5 cents per star. How about that?

     I placed the page in a 12 x 12 shadow box for display. I may end up gifting this one, but it is for me to look at until Mother's Day.


Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye - Wild Asparagus
     Solid Paper: Coordinations - Scarlet
     Ink: Distress - Vintage Photo
             White Pigment
     Dies: Elizabeth Craft Designs - Tags
                                                        Garden Notes: Bluebonnet
                                                        Alphabet Caps I
                                                        Banners
              Deadbeat Designs - Bluebonnets
     Edge Punch: Martha Stewart - Floral Lace
     Silhouette: Font - SW Swirl Dance
                       Snapdragon Snippets - Flourished State Texas
     Embellies: 3 Country Stars from Christmas Garland 

Challenges


Sketch-N-Scrap - Sketch #126 - Entry #10 - *

8 comments:

  1. Wow! So adorable! I love bluebonnet pics!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page Sharon! Those are gorgeous bluebonnets! I have never seen them in person like that before! Thank you for sharing this page with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the pictures and the cute embellishments~ Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! Being from Texas - I'm in love with bluebonnets! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Your bluebonnet embellishments are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your take on the sketch is wonderful. Such great dimension and your tag is beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and adorable pictures too :) Thanks for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap :)
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete