Monday, December 17, 2018

It's All About the Belt

     It all started here with an ultra-small gift. I actually wrapped it with an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of solid black card stock. A gift so tiny that all of my tag dies dwarfed it. I decided to make the entire gift top the tag. This is when the first Santa belt - soda pop top happened. It was so very simple. I just added 5mm square gems for buttons and a cloud beard. 


     The next gift I wrapped was considerably larger but I wanted to play with the Santa belts some more . . . so I picked out a Spellbinders mat. I added a Santa head on the side and PRESTO . . . a tag for a larger gift. 



     I was starting to wonder about my sanity here, because I went to dinner last night with "The Dinner Group" (3 other couples that dine together monthly) and took up 4 more pop tops after dinner. Where this will end? I have no idea. 
     I do know that I will posting a Santa's belt card for my design team. You will be able to see it here after December 20.


Materials List:      
     
     Card Stock: My Colors - Snowbound
                                        Black Magic
                                        Firecracker
                                        Coral Rose
     Dies: Stamps of Life - Santa 2 Stamp
             Spellbinders - Labels 23
             Elizabeth Craft Designs - Rainbow Sky
     Ink: Distress - Pumice Stone
    Embellies: 3/8 inch stitched black ribbon
                    Soda Pop Top
                    Square Gems - Black 5mm
         


Challenges

Dies R Us - #41 - Christmas - *

No comments:

Post a Comment