Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Doc McStuffins Birthday

     My granddaughter is nuts for Doc McStuffins. It is the only show she watches. I made this card for her birthday.



     I have gotten into the habit of buying novelty papers on Etsy. This one is made especially with Doc McStuffins in mind.

Card with Envelope
     I started out with a Sketch N Scrap card layout. When I saw this, I immediately thought of a bandaid, which is part of Doc's logo. I could have cut the bandaid in a flash with my Silhouette, but I was sitting by my scrap stash and didn't feel like getting up. I cut a rectangle from a light brown scrap. I rounded the corners, cut it into three pieces, and finally used my 1/8 inch hole punch to make 18 holes. VoilĂ ! A bandaid!


Sketch #140 by Lisa Hidy

     As wonderful as the Etsy paper collection was -- there was no Doc McStuffins for a focal point. I used a Google image search to find a Doc color page. I printed it on Copic friendly paper and colored with my Copics.
     The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from a Karen Burniston die.

Inside of Card


Materials List:      
     
     Patterned Paper: Digital Paper - Toy's Doctor by vangelysdesign
     Ink: Gina K - Passionate Pink
     Stamps: Gina K - Bella Elephant
                               Hippo Bird Day
     Dies - Stamps of Life - Hearts 2 Die For
              Burniston - Word Set 2 (Birthday)
     Copics: Face - E11, 15, 18, 93
                Hair - E15, 18
                Stripes - V15, 17
                Jacket - C000, 00
                Skirt & Shoes - RV14, 17
                Flower - RV14
                Bandaid - E33
   

Challenges

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Your coloring skills rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card design and I am sure this will be the hit of the day for your little one. I confess I have never heard of Doc McStuffins though. Glad you found an image that was perfect for your design and that was so clever the way you made the bandaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon! Your creations are beautiful:) And I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes out of your valuable time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comment very much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete