Monday, May 6, 2019

T(Y)oucan Do It?






     I have been wanting this stamp/die set for well over a year now. A few weeks ago My Favorite Things placed it on clearance. I got both for pieces for half price. 
     Stacy was having a quick scrap as part of the Sketch N Scrap birthday festivities. I decided to participate, but as usual I am NOT good at the fine print. I was making this card thinking I had until 1PM to complete it. At 10:55 I realized that it actually had to be completed and posted on FaceBook by 11:00. I hadn't glued the first thing down. In five minutes, I glued down all of the front of the card, took a terrible picture, posted in the appropriate folder (the picture was sideways), and sat back to take a deep breath of relief. I started looking through the other entries in the folder and realized they were all from the same sketch. I did not realize that I was supposed to use the required sketch. I immediately deleted the picture from the folder and set out to complete the inside of the card. 


Card Sketch #58 by Lisa Hidy
     This is that card. It is now complete and I have taken some extra time making sure the photographs are right side up.

     I have used this sketch before. Go here to see the previous card. This time I flipped the sketch. I used some Echo Park Jungle themed paper and colored the toucans with my Copics.  


     I am entering this card in the Sketch N Scrap BINGO game in the box labeled "Song". So here is the song: "The Toucan Song". You can hear the melody on YouTube here

Inside of Card
     I made this card for a high school graduation. The daughter of one of husband's buddies is graduating. 


My BINGO card so far.
The Toucan Song

In the jungle I can fly
Thru the trees way up high.
I am a one; I am a two
I am a toucan, so are you.

To to to toucan; to to toucan
Eat some berries; eat a seed
Fresh ripe fruit; it’s what I need

Oh! Bam toucan

I live in holes; I got a beak
I play games; squawk and squeak
Black and white; orange and blue
Red and green; what about you

To to to toucan; to to toucan
Eat some berries; eat a seed
Fresh ripe fruit; it’s what I need

Oh! Bam toucan

Materials List:      
     
     Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Jungle Safari - Wilderness Floral
    Card Stock: Gina K - Sweet Mango
                                  Barely There
                                  White
                                  Kraft
    Stamps: My Favorite Things - Toucan Do It!
                 Impression Obsession - On Your Birthday
    Dies: My Favorite Things - Toucan Do It!
             Elizabeth Craft Designs - Beach Edges
    Copics: C1, 3, 5, 7
                R22, 24, 27
                Y21, 23, 26
                YR20, 21, 23
                BG10, 11, 13

1 comment: