Wednesday, January 1, 2020

1 - 2 - 3 Look At Me

     Here is a layout of my granddaughter doing show-and-tell. They bring something to pre-k every Friday. There is a letter of the week and she usually brings something that starts with that letter. 

Add caption
     I started out with this sketch by Lisa Hidy at Sketch N Scrap. Just love the two strips down the side. Also it holds 4 - 3 x 4 pics. Makes a great layout.

Sketch #192 by Lisa Hiday
     I constructed a 1-inch border from heart patterned paper. I then trimmed a sheet of green polka paper to fit inside the frame leaving a 1/8-inch border. There was some rainbow striped paper, which I used to make the two paper strips on the left side. 
     Fun thing: there are Silhouette files to match this paper collection. I measured the stickers for the camera and the "look at me". I was able to make two mats for the camera perfectly cut on the Silhouette. I used the shape tool to make 3 rounded corner rectangles. I welded these plus the outline of the "look at me" sticker. This made a one-piece title.


     I used one of the journaling strips from the 3 x 4 cutouts. The mini camera is a little wood veneer which I colored with Copic markers and added a fancy gem. I repeated the gems in the center of the flower and one on the bottom of the paper strips. 
     My daughter called this am to say that she particularly liked it. I guess that was my true intent anyway. 


Materials List:
    
     Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Playground
     Card Stock: Coordinations - Black Iris
                       My Colors - Ivory
     Copics: B95,97, 99
     Embellies: Recollections - Navy gems
                                           Paper flower
     Silhouette File: Echo Park - Camera
                                             Look At Me


3 comments:

  1. Darling photos and a darling layout too. She sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout! You rocked the sketch Sharon! Your granddaughter is so precious, how she will love these layouts when she is older and looks back at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete