Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Hello Summer

     I wanted to make a quick layout using my new The Stamps of Life Sandcastle Card Kit. I ended up getting a little carried away with some Silhouette files. I just love playing with my Silhouette Cameo. 





     I started with 2 sketches, but in the end I moved everything around. I used the provided die cuts in the paper packs and cut fun shaped banners with my trimmer. The row of sunny flowers is a border punch from my collection. The only papers that are not from the kit are 2 sheets each of My Colors: Expresso Bean and Blue. I needed to have some 12 x 12 to get started.


     I die cut one of each of the dies from the sand castle sets with a dark brown card stock and used my picscan mat to upload the shapes into my Silhouetts. I then arranged them as you see above with the word "summer" (a Silhouette cut file) to make a title grouping with one solid piece to glue the elements on to. The sunglasses and sun are from Sunglasses 2 Stamp.


     This really is just a 5 1/2 inch circle with a frame made from 2 circles die cut together. I used items die cut from the kit to make this cluster. VERY QUICK!!!


     This is a Silhouette file that I purchased. I just thought it was adorable and HAD to use it. I added the "summer lovin'" that came in the kit. How fun is that? It would have been 20 times sweeter if I had made it open for journaling on the inside.

Materials:

   Patterned Paper: TSOL - Summer Lovin' Collection
   Card Stock: My Colors - Expresso Bean
                                            Blue
                       TSOL - Sky
                                    Gingerbread
                                    Chocolate
                                    Grape
                                    Sunshine
                                    Tangerine
                                    Powdered Sugar
                                    Kiwi
   Dies: TSOL - Sand Castle 2 Stamp
                         More Sand 2 Stamp
                         Summer Lovin'
                         Sunglasses 2 Stamp
            Burniston - Beach Edges
            Sizzix - Circles
   Punches: EK - Sunflower Edge Punch
   Silhouette Files - Notebook Toon by Sarah Bailey
                             Cool Summer by Craftable


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and wonderful colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I love it! Do you have a tutorial or video on how to do the picscan mat or scan and make the Silhouette files?

    ReplyDelete