Friday, August 20, 2021

Eat Something Sweet

     I made another grab into the Paper Pumpkin lot from my garage sale find. This one is called "Boo-tiful Bags" from September 2014.      



      I recently found a spider border die at garage sale and wanted to use it. I decided to do three 4-inch strips for my background (lots of border opportunity). I also got out my "Ooze" border (gotta love this one).  

     From the kit I was able to incorporate: the sequins, black twine, stamps, the striped patterned paper, and the burlap bags. 
     I love double mats, so everything is double matted. 


     I made this tag using a dotted oval from the kit, the striped patterned paper, bat stickers, and a stamp.


     This journaling tag started as square on one end and rounded on the other. It had a tangerine border. Here is another find from the garage sale - same table as the Paper Punpkin boxes. There was a wood mounted Stampin' Up 2002 stamp of just squiggly lines. I used post-it notes around the border to stamp lines for journaling. I fussy cut the black patterned paper at the top and added an eye using a circle punch, and a VERY small tree stamp. I topped it off with a loopy bow (I think this looks a bit like spider legs). This was so much fun that I had to do it again.... minus the journaling bit. The 'eye-dea' comes from Rachel Tessman. You can see a video to make it here.


     Notice that the loopy bow is not so squiggly. I used a mini hair straightener. I bought it to straighten ribbon in the craft room, but now I see that it also works on twine. Hey, this is a great pic of that spider border. I just love fun border punches.

The namesake of the kit - Boo-tiful Bags

  BUT I DIDN'T WANNA MAKE TREAT BAGS!!!


   
     I cut the tops off of two of the bags and pulled the threads to make fringe. The last step was taking the sequins ribbon apart and making a trail of sequins to link the pages together.

Materials: 
   Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up - Paper Pumpkin September 2014
   Card Stock: Bazzill - Her Majesty
                                      Sour Apple
                       My Colors - Black Magic
   Stamps: Stampin' Up - Paper Pumpkin September 2014
                 The Stamps of Life - (Trick or Treat)
   Ink: Gina K - Tangerine
   Punches - Martha Stewart - Ooze
                                                Spider
                              

1 comment: