Saturday, June 18, 2016

Horses with Shaker

     This card is inspired by a "How to Make a Sunrise Background" using masking video done by Theresa Momber. I had to use different ink colors since I didn't have any of the inks she used. My sunrise doesn't have as much red in it as Theresa's.
     I wanted to make a shaker card. I started with Melanie Muenchinger's "Branching Out" stamp set for the background. The horses and sentiment are from Theresa Momber's "Country Roads 2" stamp set. 
     I made the shaker part using two pieces of acetate. I used a fuse to make a 3 sided pocket, poured in brown PVC glitter from Michael's, then used the fuse to close the fourth side. This is the easiest shaker card I have ever made. It is flat and the shaker items to not get stuck in any adhesives or static cling to the window of the shaker.
     I made this card at a scrapping crop night. The whole time I was telling everyone that I was happy with the card, but the shaker was going to be dumb. The plan was that after I finished the card, I would immediately make another card just like it with no shaker in the window. Well, when I completed the card, I was totally happy with it and no longer felt the need to make another.

Challenges

Challenge Up Your Life - Frame - #24 - *
Creative Corner Challenges - Glittermania - #6 - Top 5 !!!

http://creativecornerchallenges.blogspot.de/2016/07/team-jess-cute-cuddly-sponsored-by.html
 
Inkspirational Challenge - Masking - #10 -*
Simon Says Stamp - Animal Magic - #241 - *
Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative - Loose glitter - #34 *
Stamp TV - Shaker Card - *

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for playing at challenge up your life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silhouette horses! Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Amnimal Magic Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inked sunrise looks bautiful. Love the silhouette stamps and your shaker element. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week!

    Jess DT
    www.freshybjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card! Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete