Friday, January 26, 2018

The Tree

     As a youngster, my family celebrated Christmas every year. If you walked into my home a couple of days before Christmas, you might have thought otherwise. There was no tree, no lights, no decorations hanging anywhere. My dad was adamant that "that is not what Christmas is about." I do remember lots of homemade cookies and other special treats, Christmassy school art projects, and a display of the Christmas cards received. We always received a fun gift. It wasn't from Santa and wasn't found under a tree.
     There were 6 children. Today we range in age from 58 - 76. Each of us has a Christmas tree in our homes for the holidays. I have to say that I set the record among us though. I had 6 trees inside my home and 4 outside this year. I love trees. I find them the most beautiful of all of the decorations.
     I decided to capture some of the beauty with this layout. It accommodates 2 pictures of the tree(s) and 4 mats for your favorite ornaments. When I placed the pics on mine, I even sneaked in an extra ornament snapshot just to the left of the 5 x 7.
    The patterned paper is "Alpine" from Authentique. I used shiny silver card stock for some of the mats (as you can see by the glare on the picture frame.


          I will also show you an option to turn the 5 x 7, if that is a better fit for your picture.


Here I show you how to cut the trees. Since you want this paper to be right size up, you can use the pattern on the back for plaid trees. Start with a sheet of 6" x 12" paper.




Sneak in one more tree like this.


Cut the trees and trunk from this plaid paper ( 5" x 12" ).
Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Authentique - Alpine 2, 4, 6
     Card Stock: My Colors - Soft Blue
                                        Velvet Night
                                        Silver
     Embellies:Crystal Snowflakes
                   
    
Challenges

Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas - #28 - *
Crafty Addicts - Winter Blues - #165 - *
Creative Friday - It's Snowing - #10 - *
Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Christmas - #67 - *
Merry Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas - #21 - *
That's Crafty - Feeling Blue - #82 - *

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love this. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful layouts and I love all those trees on the projects. I love trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful christmas tree card, so happy for you, you have trees, now :-)
    Thank you for adding it to That`s Crafty Challenge.
    DT, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool LayOut....great for winter time!
    Thank you for joining in our Creative Friday Challenge.
    Bye Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Thanks to you for sharing your Christmas memories and creativity over at That's Crafty. I have to admit there is something most alluring about the Tree. Best Wishes in the Feeling Blue Blog Challenge. Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card , filled with your memories, love the cold wintery tones you used.
    Thank you for entering it in That`s Crafty Challenge.
    DT,-Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I LOVE the layout and the optional card, they are so very pretty and very creative. I truly enjoyed the story you shared - good for you for celebrating with six trees! Your dad may have been right about the decorations not being the real meaning of Christmas, but the decorations make me enjoy the season so much more.

    Thank you for sharing this layout and your story with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge blog!!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely! Thanks for joining us at creative friday! Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining in at Crimbo Crackers and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete