Sunday, April 1, 2018

Above Rubies

     Here is another layout for the 50th anniversary mini album. I finally figured out the titles on the pages for the book. I have already removed all of the previous titles and changed them to bible verses. 

2-Page Layout
     I am really enjoying taking these one-page sketches and turning them into 2-page layouts. One reason that this works is because the second page can be adjusted anyway I please to accommodate the pictures I have left. 


Sketch #150 by Lisa Hidy


     My brother and his wife had a long distance romance. She was from Ontario, Canada and we lived in northern Illinois. 


     Hey, I am in this bridal party pic. I am the second from the right. This was a special day for me as well. This is the only time I ever served as a bridesmaid and it was my first long dress. I felt very much like a princess that day. I remember at the rehearsal as I walked down the aisle, my brother Lyle said that I had natural poise for this sort of thing - he worded it differently. You never forget moments like that. Kind makes you think about remembering to say something nice/complimentary to people whenever you get a chance.


     I have always thought that they were the perfect couple. They were very lucky to have found each other.



Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: BoBunny - Bella Rosa (Damask, Shutters)
                                               Double Dot (Wine, Island Mist)
     Ink: Gina K - Cherry Red
            Distress - Frayed Burlap
     Dies: Stamps of Life - Hearts 2 Die For
     Punch: ek - 1" Corner
               Martha Stewart - Alphabet
     Embellies:  Silver Enamel Dots
                     Ivory 1 inch Lace Trim

3 comments:

  1. What a great memories! I love your double page layout using the sketch! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can't wait to see the real album. Love the colors and the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful the way you captured those memories with these beautiful layouts. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete