Saturday, May 5, 2018

Hello Feathered Friend

     Sketch N Scrap is celebrating 6 years of challenges this month. There is a plethora of card and layout sketches on the blog as well as on the Facebook Birthday Bash Crop. Extra prizes are just waiting for some lucky winners!!! 
     Here is a card using one of Heather Hall's sketches:
Sketch #121 by Heather Hall
 This sketch is not like other sketches, which makes is even it more fun to take on. 
      I used the faux tile technique to get the plaid feel on the card base. I have used this tile technique before on this blog. There is also a tutorial on this page. I just revisited this page myself. I am now regretting not using a lighter ink color for this technique. Hmmmmmm . . . this is a great example of "do as I say; not as I do". 
     At least I am happy with the owl and the feathers. I just happened to have two bags of feathers on hand for a collection of Autumn cards I will be designing and teaching in my August/September classes. 
     BTW: I used Gina K's new Amalgam ink. I worked fantastic with the Copics!

Materials List: 
    
     Card Stock: Gina K - Warm Cocoa
                                  Blue Lagoon
     Ink: Distress -Gina K - Amalgam Ink (Jet Black) 
                                   Warm Cocoa
     Copics: YR12, 14, 16
                BG0000, 05, 07, 09
                E57
                C2
     Stamps: Gina K - Wise Old Owl
                            Stately  Flowers I
     Dies: Burniston - Spinner Squares Pop Up
             Gina K - Wise Old Owl
     Embellies - Feathers

Challenges

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love the faux tiles and that feather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card you made with that wonderful background and cute little owl image.

    ReplyDelete