Saturday, May 19, 2018

Remembering Mother

     Graphic 45 has just released a new paper collection that has really caught my eye. There are 8 different floral papers with a coordinating pattern on the back of each. Each and everyone is beautiful, so I just pulled out the first floral and went to work. I added a pink stripe that I found in the collection. 
     When deciding what to do with such beautiful paper, my first thought was of my mother. She was 36 when I was born. As you can see in the picture of me with her at 1 year old, she was not a young mother. I was the 5th of 6 children; of which the oldest 4 were born in the first 8 years of their marriage.

2 Page Layout
     I used a Sketch from Sketch N Scrap. There is a big Birthday Bash Crop going on over on their Facebook page with lots of prizes. Also there are more sketches on their blog with even more prizes.
Sketch by Lisa Hidy
     I matted every single piece of patterned paper on this layout. When you pick it up, you really have something substantial in your hands. The picture here is of my mother at 20 on her wedding day. The lettering and 1/8 inch strips throughout the layout are from Antique Gold metallic paper, which gives a dull glimmer.

Left Page
     I used the Silhouette to make the title. I pulled colors from the patterned paper for the flowers and added enamel dots to the centers. If I were to add something my mother particularly loved, I would have added birds - cardinals to be exact. Red cardinals would not have been a good choice today - maybe another time. I ended up using dragonflies. The sparkle you see in each is from holographic paper. 


     Photo corners were made with the striped paper and antique gold strips.



     The second page is a continuation of the first. I added pictures of my mother at 20 years, at 16 holding her birthday cake, and I think I am 7 and she is about 42 in the last picture. Those matching yellow dresses were bought to wear to my oldest brother's wedding. I can tell we are dressed for church as my mother is wearing a hat and gloves. Notice that industrial-sized purse. We used to say that if she threw some underwear in there she would be packed for a weekend.
Right Page
      I added another cluster of flowers to the right side of the layout.


     Here is a sticker that I matted. I made a Mint Julep insert, then offset and pop dotted a sticker on top.

Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Floral Shoppe - Midnight Medley
                                                                 - Pink Lilies
     Stickers: Floral Shoppe
     Card Stock: My Colors -Loveable
                                     Velvet Night
                                     Mint Julep
                                     Ecru
                      the Papercut - Antique Gold
     Ink: Distress - Antique Photo
     Dies: ECD - Dragonfly            
     Silhouete Files - Kates Cuttables - Remember You
                                                    Mother Words Set
     Edge Punch - Martha Stewart - Lace
     Embellies: Ecru Enamel Dots

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Sharon! What a great way to preserve precious memories!

    ReplyDelete