Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Mishap Under the Cap

     Back in 2013 I was just starting to try out stamping, die-cutting, and card-making. I designed a card for my brother's birthday. He loves baseball!!! It ended up being - and still is - my very favorite card that I have ever made. It sits on a shelf in my craft room with a row of cards made with Lili of the Valley stamps. As much as I love the girlie Marcy and Mollie of La La Land Crafts, I also love the little boys from the Lili of the Valley collections. This little guy is no exception. 

     My crafting friends who visit my craft room are always asking if I will kit the card so they can make it too. My friend Diane came over a week ago and asked if she could get a kit of it. Because of the COVID-19 travel restrictions, I was able to find time to make 8 kits to give to some of my friends.


     For the inside of the card, I made a much smaller cap skeleton and used the leftover stars that were just sitting on the table after finishing the front of the card.

Inside of Card
     Here is the original card from 7 years ago. This Authentique paper is VERY old, so I had to find some newer paper from which to make the kits. The paper from Photoplay that I used to make the new version is also pretty old. I bought a bunch of it to make Christmas cards (that never happened). 



Inside of Original Card
On the Shelf



Materials List:
    
     Card Stock: My Colors - Casa OlĂ©
                                        Snowbound
                                        Java
                       Bazzill - Candy Buttons
     Patterned Paper: Photoplay - Luke 2 
                              (Authentique - Hope)
     Stamp: Lili of the Valley - Ooops!
                Gina K - Happy Birthday To You
                Kitchen Sink - 3 Step Baseball
     Dies: Our Daily Bread - Double Stitched Circles 
             Poppy Stamps Inc - Picket Fence
             Die-Namics - Blueprint #18
             Elizabeth Craft Designs - Sports Charms
     Silhouette File: Baseball Hat by Snapdragon Snippets Designs
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
            Gina K - Charcoal Truffle
     Copics: Skin - E000, 00, 11, R20
                Hair - E43, 44, 47, 49
                Shirt & Shorts- E43, 44, B41, 45
                Shoes - E41, 43, 42, 44
                Leaves - YG63
                Ball - E31, 33
                Vase - E11, 13, 15
                Water - B000
                Flowers - Y18, E44
                Sky B0000
                Ground C0, 2 (E43, 44)
     Embellies - Twine - Brown & Blue
                     Marker - Red Fine-Tipped (Marvy: Crimson Lake)


1 comment:

  1. Super cute card design for a little guy! I love the shelf of cards too!

    ReplyDelete