Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sun & Wind

     I colored Spring Molli on my crafting cruise. There was a layout competition, in which we were each given some card stock and patterned paper. I started out with this Molli and . . .


this sketch by Lisa Hidy from Sketch N Scrap. I turned the sketch a quarter turn clockwise. 

Sketch #196 by Lisa Hidy
     I used the Copic markers we were asked to bring for the cruise projects. Luckily, I had what I needed for Molli to fit in with this paper. This is once again my new favorite hair color. I will probably use it repeatedly until I tire of it. The skirt was colored first, then blender fluid placed on a square of denim, which I dabbed once onto the skirt. This gave the skirt the denim texture. Since I wanted to fussy-cut Mollie and those flowers in her hand were originally a bouquet with very thin stems, I decided to cut out the flowers and add them to her hand as a nosegay. The buttons on her blouse are 3 gray enamel dots, which are repeated in one other place on the layout. We were playing with yellow Nuvo drops earlier in the day, so each of the centers of the flowers are made with this medium.


     When I turned it in for the competition, it wasn't finished. I just didn't have the resources I needed on the cruise. I entered it "as is" in order to receive a ticket for the raffle drawing. I didn't win the raffle, but I did win a Karen Burniston die as a prize in the competition.

     After returning home from the cruise, I added a couple of things to finish it off. First I took this "You are my home..." sticker and placed in on a die cut circle approx 1/4 inch larger in diameter. I then added a brown wreath with black leaves (like the ones on the top patterned paper) and orange, pink and blue flowers with Nuvo centers (just like Molli's). It is pop dotted to the layout. 


     Gotta love the Silhouette Cameo!!! You can have any title; any size; and mats to boot. The first pic looked like Brooklyn was in the sun. The second pic of her sliding down the slide with hair flying made me think of wind. Hence the title. On the pic below you see no flourish on the frame I constructed. I added it later (scraps on the table) and retook the layout picture. 



Materials List:
    
     Card Stock: My Colors - Black Magic
                                        Snowbound
     Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Gingham Gardens
                                                Pirate's Life
     Stamp: La La Land - Spring Molli
     Dies: Sizzix - Circles
             Spellbinders - Wreath
     Silhouette File: Font - Big Bold Brown Nose
                            Wind Flourish by Snapdragon Snippets
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
     Copics: Skin - E50, 51, 53, R20
                Hair - Y21, YR23, E15, 37, 47
                Blouse & Boots - R81, 83, 85
                Skirt - B91, 93, 95, 97
                Flowers - same as blouse & skirt
                Leaves - G82, 85
     Embellies - My Mind's Eye - Enamel Dots
                      Nuvo Crystal Drops - Dandelion Yellow

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout, wonderful photos, great images and I love all the spring designs and colors.

    ReplyDelete