Sunday, October 14, 2018

Autumn Scarecrow










          I tied the bow with twine, leaving the ends of twine hanging down. They looked like birdy feet. I found this Elizabeth Craft Designs die instead of fussy cutting birds and feathers. I needed 30 kits of these for the class I was teaching, I made the first hat and brim. I then traced the pieces onto black paper and fussy cut. I placed them on the Pixscan Mat (Silhouette), took a picture, and uploaded it into the Silhouette program. I got a perfect outline of it and cut 12 x 12 pages full of them on the Silhouette. 
Inside of card

     I made a collage of elements from the front of the card. Just being my picky self, I placed yellow leaves behind the leaves with holes in them. There is a penny under the lady bug for weight and 2 more behind the scarecrow cheeks to hold the card behind the ladybug. I covered the back of the scarecrow's head to cover the pennies, nose threads, and brad that holds the bow.

     I will be making 16 cards and 4 calendars with this Graphic 45 Seasons Paper. All of these SEASON cards can be made using:

  • one sheet of each of the patterned paper 
  • one sheet of each of  Prints and Solids
In order to make All Seasons cards and calendars, you only need purchase the following items once:
  • Tags and Pockets
  • Chip Board
  • Ephemera
  • Stickers
  • Season's Patterns and Solids 
Stay tuned for more cards this year.
Spring

Summer

Winter
Winter Birdhouse
Winter Cozy Snow Day
Winter Pop Up Gift Card Holder
Winter Box on Card
Winter Calendar 

Materials:     
     Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 - Seasons (Autumn)
     Card Stock: My Colors - Kraft
                                        Golden Rod
                                        Tuscan Sun
                                        Mint Julep
                                        Brown Eyes
                                        Ecru
                                        Harvest Orange
     Ink: Distress - Frayed Burlap
            Momento - Rich Cocoa
     Die: Graphic 45 - Large Tag, ATC & Flower
            Quick Cutz - Nesting Frame 3
            Elizabeth Craft Designs - Birds
                                                 Lady Bugs
                                                 Rectangle Pull Card
           Burniston - Word Set 1 - Greetings
     Punches: My Jewelry Shoppe - 1 x 3/4 oval
                   Emagination - 1/2" sun
     Stamp - "A Little Hello"
     Marker - Sharpie
     Embellies: Brown Embroidery Thread - 3 strands
                     Burlap - 1 1/2 x 3 1/2
                     Pearl - Gold
                     Googly Eyes - 1/4"
                     Orange, Red, Green Raffia
                     Brad - Under bird to hold bow onto card
                     3 pennies for weight


Challenges

Brown Sugar Challenge - Autumn - #92 - *
Cards 4 Galz - Fancy Fold - #3 - Winner!!!


Crafty Catz - Not Square - #32 - *
Crafty Friends - More Than 1 Die - #65 - *
Double D Challenges - Mood Board - #75 - *
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Anything Goes - #13 - *
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Celebrations - #15 - *
My Time to Craft - Kraft Card Stock - #21 - *

No comments:

Post a Comment