Friday, September 20, 2019

Obey the Rules

     I have been working to get all of my dies, stamps, stencils, and embossing folders into a data base. The original reason that I started this was so that I wouldn't purchase the same thing twice. Another reason was so that I could search for a particular sentiment. For instance, not too long ago I was looking for the words: it's your birthday. I was able to locate every stamp that I own that says that.

     The reason I am mentioning this now is because I am also coming across stamp and die sets that I have all but forgotten. The Crazy Birds is one of them. I was typing it in to my data base and it made me want to make another card using them. I happened to have Simple Stories Bloom paper out, so I color-matched some inks to the paper and sponged them onto my Crazy Birds. I made four different birds. I ended up making two cards using two birds per card.

     I used this sketch by Lisa Hidy. As you can see, I did not put the banners on the card. I tried to, but with the big polka dots, it was just too busy. 



     Recently I have been taking a scrapbooking class with lots of sewing on the layouts. For this card I decided to do some sewing. I pulled out my stack of sewing templates and chose the candle and the gift.
     These birds certainly allow opportunities for using some of these odd sentiments that I have accumulated over the years.



Inside the card
Inside the other card




Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Simple Stories - Bloom
     Cardstock: My Colors - Black Magic
                                       Spanish Moss
                                       Snowbound
     Stamp: Tim Holtz - Bird Crazy
                 River City - Obey all the Rules
                 Gina K - Wild at Heart
     Ink: Momento - Tuxedo Black
            Gina K - Prickly Pear
                         Sandy Beach
            Distress - Pistachio
                           Tattered Rose
                           Worn Lipstick
                           Fresh Asparagus
     Embellies: Gelly Roll - Stardust 
                     Stitching Template - We R Holiday
                     DMC Floss #503, Yellow, Pink

2 comments:

  1. OMG these are adorable!! I love the hand stitching and those birdies are too cute! I wanted them way back in the day but never got them and this just reminds me how much I wanted them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those birds too...and my set has not seen ink in awhile either. Thanks for the reminder to make them inky again. And, I hope your organization is a handy way for you to locate things.

    ReplyDelete