Friday, September 13, 2019

Think Pink for Halloween

     I signed up for a fun class at the Scrappn' Savvy called "The Trading Game". Using Simple Stories' Happy Haunting paper collection, we were supposed to bring 3 scrapbook titles and 9 scrapbook page elements. We rolled dice to make trades and pull 12 x 12 pieces of card stock out of the "kitty". I made this cute pink pumpkin and didn't end up using it in the swap. These spider webs were extra cuts from a title that I took to the class. I added the die cut spider and used a SNS sketch. Here is the result: 




Card Sketch #153 by Heather Hall
     I went out on a limb with the pink jack-o-lantern, but it looks perfectly cute in the corner of this card.


     I made some border clusters for elements to trade. I made this die cut flower and didn't like it at the time. Before adding it to this card, I did some shaping and gave it the 3-D look. Now I know that it would have looked amazing on the border cluster. Oh well, it ended up on the scraps pile, then ultimately here.


     The the inside of the card, I used the same spider and a different, larger web. 


     Check out my post tomorrow to see all of the items I took to the trading game, as well as all of the layouts there made as a result of the trades. This link will get you there. The Trading Game.

Materials List:
     Patterned Paper: Simple Stories - Happy Haunting
     Cardstock: My Colors - Black Magic
                                      Pale Blossom
                                      Cloak Gray
                                      Dovetail
     Dies: Burniston - Halloween Charms
                              Autumn Elements 
                              Burniston Word Sets 1 and 7
             Sizzix - Tattered Flower Garland
             Rococa - Wicked Web
             Our Daily Bread - Double Stitched Circles
     Stamp: Gina K - Give Thanks
     Ink - Momento - Tuxedo Black
     Silhouette Files - Boo Halloween Title by Stinkin' Cute Paper Piercings
                              Halloween Title by Miss Kate Cuttables
     Embellies - Black Button Brad

1 comment:

  1. This is SOOO adorable! Love the pink jack o'lantern! That sounds like a fun game, can't wait to learn more about it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete