Thursday, January 24, 2019

Bubble Monkey Valentine Box

     "Grammy, can you make a Bubble Monkey Valentine Box?" Sure - why not? But who is Bubble Monkey? I had to do a Google search. It turns out that Bubble Monkey is a broken toy cured on a Doc McStuffins episode. 



     I started with a Silhouette File. This gave me the base for the box and monkey. I designed mats with patterned paper. This glitter paper makes me think - Valentines' Day. 



     I added a crown, bubble blower, and bubbles from Silhouette Files. I die cut Brooklyn's name. Those green gems on the crown are 5/8 inch and glittery.



     To make the bubbles, I made nesting circles, then glued them onto vellum. I then fussy cut them and added CS highlights on each.




     I also used a Silhouette File to make Brooklyn's exchange Valentines. Here is a pictures of those. 




Materials: 
     Patterned Paper: Recollections - Monsters and Robots
     Card Stock: My Colors - Dark Molasses
                                        Tropical Surf
                                        Ballerina Pink
                                        Golden Yellow
                                        Spearmint
                       Vellum
     Ink: Distress - Vintage Photo
     Silhouette Files: 3d Monkey Valentine Box by Jamie Cripps
                             Bubble Blower and Bubbles by Sarah Hurley
                             Crown by Echo Park
     Die: Anboo - 3/4 inch alphabet    
     Marker: Signo - white gel               
     Embellies: 5/8 inch green glitter gems

Challenges

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Love/Valentines - #4 - *
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes - #41 - *
Die Cut Divas - 3D - #6 - Showcase Winner!!!



Paper Funday - Anything Goes - #30 - *
Pile It On - Land Animal - #100 - *

1 comment:

  1. Super duper cute! Thank you for joining our “3D Projects” Challenge at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete