Thursday, January 17, 2019

TN - The Journey Begins

      TN Time with Lisa & Lori has come to my aid. They have started a monthly Traveler's Notebook Challenge. There are two challenges in one. On Lisa's website there will be a sketch and on Lori's website there will be a design challenge (this month is use 3 patterned papers). Here is my first entry: 





TN Sketch #1 by Lisa Hidy

        I purchased a 12 x 12 Bo Bunny calendar themed paper pad at Tuesday Morning quite a while ago. After getting it home, I was wishing that I hadn't bought it. I couldn't think of any use for it. Looks like I have found the perfect use for it. There is only 1 double-sided sheet for each month. I will have fun going through my paper stash looking for coordinating papers.


     Pattterned Papers:
  1. Bo Bunny: Calendar Girl - January (side 2) - This paper is a grid of white mini icons on blue paper. A great paper for making borders.
  2. Go Bunny: Calendar Girl - November (side 2) - This paper is gold with splashes of white.
  3. Authentique: Frosty Winter - Gray with white polka dots.
     Bo Bunny January (side 1) was full of journaling cards of varied sizes. This is where I got the "Predict the Future" cut out.





     Just love these little Tim Holtz cars and traffic light. With the dotted swirls, they look just like they are zipping about the page. 


     This Heart on Globe die was a bargain purchase. I decided to die cut a little bit of map to put inside. I put Fort Worth front and center, because I think Benbrook (a suburb) will be our first try at camping with our RV. We thought we would make our first trip short and going to see our 2 year old granddaughter seems like a great objective.

     The globe and car dies are probably old news, but they are new and first time used for me. 


     When I stopped at Staples to get my ARC supplies, they were out of (or is it discontinued) ARC hole punchers. This was disturbing since the ARC has such unusual holes. Turns out you really can find out how to do anything with Pinterest or a Google search. I found a tutorial at Hello Creative Family that demonstrated a way to make the holes. As you can see the holes on my project don't look too bad - and they work!!! Now I can add anything to my TN.

For more information on the organization of my Traveler's Notebook, go to yesterday's post: HERE.

Materials List:      
     
     Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny - Calendar Girl (January & November)
                              Authentique - Frosty Winter (Polka Dots)
     Dies: Sizzix - Circles (2 inch)
                         Cityscape Communte
             Amboo - Alphabet 3/4 inch
                          Globe with Heart

Challenges
Cardz 4 Guyz - Trains, Planes, Automobiles - # 2- *
Dies R Us - Anything New - #16 - *
Sparkles Monthly Challenges - New Year New Stash - #9 - February 14
Stinkin' Inkers - It's News to Me - #23 - *
TN Time with Lori - 3 Patterned Papers - #1 - *
TN Time with Lisa - Sketch #1 - #1 - Winner

1 comment:

  1. A super scrapbook LO, love your colours and journalling. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete